Monday, May 16, 2011

the semester ends (aka how Stella got his groove back)

...and I must say, things have much improved.


The depression seems to have abated. A steady regimen of meds, counseling, and inner-healing has elevated me from the darkness I had found myself entrenched in months ago. I still have residual issues, of course, but on the whole, light has reclaimed my life.


I feel like I have a better, new set of goals towards which to work. I want to potentially double minor with history and French, and maybe bring both those together with my German major and go to grad school for European History, or History of the Renaissance. I want to study abroad, and to do so, I need and want to boost my grade point average. It will take some hard work, but I think I've brought myself to the point of embracing my true identity as a workaholic, type-A freak. My new big dream post-undergrad is to join the Peace Corps and go teach English somewhere exotic (though snake-free). I want to find a significant other, which, though it isn't new on my list of goals, will be embarked upon differently. Though I both desire and need to lose weight, my goal in this regard is to learn to accept my body the way it is, and to not expect potential love interests to be put off by it.


A big goal, too, is to start doing something with this bloody blog! Expect more posts in the future, though I'm still not sure what or if there will be a theme to any of it.


Chiao

No comments:

Post a Comment